Tips for Dieting During the Holidays
First, pat yourself on the back for sticking to your diet this time of year. It is tough task, particularly, with all them temptations lurking at every holiday table. With a little help from your friends at Ideal Change, you can come out of this holiday season feeling better than when you went in. Here are our tips for dieting during the holidays to help you survive the holidays:
- Eat before you attend an event.
- Wear something that reveals your new weight loss.
- Pack an IP-friendly snack in your purse or pocket, if a craving hits.
- Take an IP-friendly dish to the party to share. (Check out our Santa Salad)
- Decline leftovers or to-go packages.
- Prepare yourself mentally; remind yourself this phase is temporary.
- Avoid ALL alcoholic beverages. Perhaps, try an IP-friendly mocktail recipe instead.
- Accept the fact; you are NEVER given permission to cheat on this diet.
- Text your coach if you need advice or encouragement! You’re not alone!
- Plan ahead! Prepare your own IP recipes in advance for the week.
Be ready for the holidays and don’t let yourself or your diet down. Specifically, stay true to your commitment. If you find yourself off-track at year-end, attend our Tune-Up Workshops in January 2017 and find your way back! As a special incentive for coming, you’ll receive 10% off your food order when you attend the workshop! If you plan on placing a food order, this is a substantial savings. Register here.
Our 2017 Tune Up dates will be:
- Saturday, 1/14 at 9:30 AM
- Tuesday, 1/17 at 6:00 PM
- Saturday, 1/28 at 9:30 AM
Have more tips for dieting during the holidays? Share them in the comments below!