5 Winter Weight Loss Tips
The winter month’s weight gain can creep up and take you by surprise if you don’t nip it in the bud early in the season. Whether it be cabin fever or boredom, it’s easy to slip into a hibernation state of mind when temperatures dip and the snow piles up. Make a conscious decision to take control of your weight management with these winter weight loss tips to keep you on track.
- Make your weight loss program a priority! Eating right should always be a year-round goal but during the winter months and holidays it’s harder to put your diet at the top of your to-do list. As you plan your week, be sure to include time for shopping and preparing healthy meals. Perform a daily activity, like walking to the mailbox or around the block and use that time to reflect on your weight loss goals and objectives.
- Create an eating strategy. Find the best time of day to enjoy your food without interruption. As you eat, be mindful of the food and drink you put in your body and how it aligns with your weight loss goals. Stay consistent with your eating routine on weekends and don’t be tempted to take a “day off.”
- Choose your social interactions wisely. Avoid situations where you will be tempted by food or drink not in your scope of goals. Instead, host a dinner party or gathering at your home to ensure you have plenty of healthy choices to stay on track and entertain at the same time or take a dish that you can eat. Everyone wins.
- Eat to live, don’t live to eat. If you are constantly thinking about food, find an alternative activity to stimulate your senses in another way. If you are bored, find a project that makes you happy. Take the opportunity to tap into your creative side and replace thoughts of food with something constructive.
- Stay healthy and avoid the flu. Simple things like plenty of sleep, washing your hands, and drinking plenty of water are the catalyst to a healthy winter. Of course, the foods you eat are also equally important to building a strong immune system to fight off germs that lead to illness. Keep your hand sanitizer handy.
Weight management knows no season, but you know your reasons! Stay on track this winter with the help of an Ideal Change weight-loss management consultation, providing a balanced lifestyle of education in nutrition to support weight stabilization. Start your transformation today – attend our free weight loss workshop for more winter weight loss tips. Workshops are held on Tuesdays at 6:00pm!
If you have more winter weight loss tips, please share them with your fellow clients below!